It has been a while since my last post here.. but it’s time to share new recipes with you 🙂
I’m absolute autumn lover – there is something special about this season. Air in the morning is so crisp, everyone starts to wear layers of knits, scarves, coats and fluffy jackets; leaves change colors, nights get longer.. even those rainy days with cup of hot coffee or tea, soft blanket and a good movie feels so cozy.
Since it gets colder on the outside, we need to cook for ourselves something that will warm our tummies and will make us feel cozy and good.
This pumpkin soup only has few ingredients, takes around 20 minutes to make, and it is fool proof, so I think everyone can manage to make this 🙂
Ingredients (2 portions):
- 1 small pumpkin
- 3-4 medium carrots
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small onion (I chose red onion)
- salt & pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
*optional for serving:
- nuts & seeds
- garlic bread
- ciabatta bread
- cut all the veggies.
- put previously cut veggies into pot, add olive oil, bay leaf and spices; mix it well.
- on medium heat sauté veggies until they get softer.
- add vegetable broth to the pot so it covers vegetables and cook on medium heat for about 7 – 10 minutes.
- turn the heat off and wait for few minutes so the soup cools a little bit.
- take out bay leaf and then blend the soup.
- pour in to a bowl and add toppings or side of choice.
Lots of love,