Hello dear readers! 🙂
I’m starting to get that spring feeling, so I wanted to make something very simple, healthy and super delicious. I love creamy soups with all kinds of flavors and veggies, but I’m too lazy to make them, so I have to say – this recipe is really for lazy people. In total it takes around 15-20 min to make this soup and delicious lunch or dinner will be served.
I came up with this version by accident, I was going for other kind of tomato cream soup but I didn’t have ingredients that I needed in my fridge. But this ended so surprisingly good, so I decided to recreate it and share it with you! This tomato soup version only needs few ingredients that are almost at every home, and if not at home, you can buy them in every grocery store.
Ingredients (2 portions) :
- 600-700 gr fresh tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs olive oil
- dried oregano
- himalayan salt
- fresh basil for serving
- 1 tbs sugar
*optional for serving:
- mozzarella cheese
- bruschetta bread
- Cut onions and mince garlic. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil in pot, add onions and minced garlic and sautee until onions get translucent.
- Cut tomatoes and add them to pot with onions and garlic.
- Season with oregano, himalayan salt and pepper. Continue to sautee mixture until tomatoes get really soft. Remove pot from the heat and let it rest for few minutes.
- Blend tomato mixture until smooth. Rub blended mixture through sieve to get rid of tomato zest and seeds.
- Pour soup in clean pot, add 1 tbs sugar and reheat.
- Serve with fresh basil leaves.
Lots of love,