This recipe is really easy to make, filling, spicy, and so delicious! You can do variations with this recipe by adding your favourite veggies or changing rice for noodles, and adding how much spiciness you prefer. This has healthy and not so healthy options as well, whatever you want. So this is good for everyone. Try it out!
For us this is one of our favourite meals, easy to make, easy to store, it is healthy and cheap as well. 🙂
This amount is for around 6-8 portions, we cooked more to eat this for three days.
You will need:
- 1 red or white onion
- 2-4 garlic gloves
- 2 squashes
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 chilli pepper
- 3-4 medium size carrots
- 1 can of beans
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 small can of corn
- 2 tbs of olive oil
- seasoning: salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, curry
- 2 packs rice of your choice
- Start with boiling rice as usual;
- While rice is boiling, start heating the frying pan on medium level with olive oil, chop onions and add to the pan, then add garlic and chopped chilli pepper. If you prefer more spicy meals then add chilli seeds as well.
- When onions have turned little golden, add grated carrots to the frying pan.
- Next you need to chop bell peppers and squash, and mix them in the frying pan as well.
- Rinse corn, beans and chickpeas under cold water.
- When veggies seems to be cooked, add corn, beans and chickpeas to frying pan.
- Add seasoning: salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper to the mixture. If you are up for more spiciness and not so healthy meal, add sweet chilli thai sauce to the veggies.
- When the rice are ready, put them in big bowl, add curry and mix it with rice.
- Put the cooked veggies in the bowl with rice and mix them all together.
- Serve immediately or put them in storing boxes for later. You can keep this in fridge for few days.